Terms & Conditions
Agreement for Tutoring Services Accolade Tuition Limited (the Agency)
When signing up to utilise our services, both Client and Tutor are agreeing to the following terms.
- Once a tutoring position has been confirmed, both the Client and the Tutor are entering into a contract between the Client and the Tutor. Accolade Tuition Ltd acts as an agent on behalf of the Tutor and the Client, and will set up an introduction between the Tutor and the Client. Accolade Tuition Ltd is only responsible for finding students and an appropriate teacher for the specific subject, and is not responsible for the content of lessons and the teaching methods.
The Client (shall mean the student’s parent or parents or the person having the day to day control of the student) is responsible for:
- making all reasonable efforts to keep to the hours that have been agreed upon in advance. Unless there has been a clear prior agreement, the Tutor will not be obliged to compensate for lesson time that has been lost as a result of conditions not within their control.
- paying the Agency for all invoices delivered by the Agency to the Client within 2 days (48 hours).
- telling the agency about any amendments they intend to make to the contract that has been agreed upon.
- adhering to the cancellation policy which is detailed below.
- covering the costs of any resources deemed necessary, once they have agreed on this matter with the Tutor.Costs not covered up front will be added to the invoice at the tutor’s discretion.
Insofar as residential holiday placements are concerned, the Client is requested to:
- ensure that all legal obligations are met with regards to the tutor’s employment. The agency is willing to offer guidance on this subject.
- arranging and covering the cost of the tutor’s travel – for a £100 administrative fee, the agency is willing to assist on this front; supply accommodation and food; and cover the costs for any agreed upon activities that take place at any point during the placement.
- compensate all the tutor’s travel costs, which may include extra baggage costs as a result of essential resources or equipment. Moreover, the Client will grant a stipend of £50 per travel day.
- offer one day off a week at the least. If the Tutor desires to work the additional hours, they are allowed to turn down this offer.
- furnish the Tutor with food and accommodation, while covering any costs incurred by the Tutor while fulfilling tasks they are obligated to perform as part of the job. It is at the Client’s discretion whether to cover costs for voluntary and/or social activities; however, we politely request that in cases where there may be ambiguity, the Client endeavours to make it clear who will cover the cost at hand.
Insofar as liability is concerned, the Client should be aware of the following:
- Accolade Tuition Ltd does not accept any liability for any claims by the Client related to – or arising out of – the provision of tutoring services by the Tutor.
- Accolade Tuition Ltd will not be liable to any Client or any third party for any act, error, or omission – be it wilful, negligent, or otherwise – of the Tutor.
- Although Accolade Tuition Ltd takes every effort to give satisfaction to the Client – by ensuring reasonable standards of skills, reliability and integrity from Tutors – Accolade Tuition Ltd is not liable for any loss, expense, delay or damage arising from the negligence, dishonesty, misconduct, property damage (whether accidental or deliberate) or lack of skill of the Tutor.
- Accolade Tuition Ltd is not responsible for insurance arrangements in regards to the Tutor providing tutoring services and the Client should be aware that this is the case.
- Once a tutoring position has been confirmed, you are entering into a contract between you (the Client) and the Tutor. Accolade Tuition Ltd acts as an agent on behalf of the Tutor and the Client, and will set up an introduction between the Tutor and Client.
The Tutor is responsible for:
- incorporating information gathered from early assessment sessions involving the student’s previous work scheme.
- manufacturing a relevant work scheme which ensures that all learning objectives will be achieved both innovatively and engagingly, and which incorporates resources that are tailored the student’s particular skill-set.
- prepare each lesson with care and in such a way that the student understands the learning objectives at hand.
- arriving to all lessons punctually and, in the event they are not able to do so, to contact the Client as soon as possible.
- cultivating strong contact links with the Client – and, where necessary, the school teachers – in order to liaise about the student’s progress.
- producing, for those students for whom it is necessary, end-of-term reports which will summarize the scheme of work covered as well as the student’s effort and attainment.
- liaise with the Client before taking on any further tutoring work which could disrupt the above arrangement.
- let the agency know about any changes to their tutoring hours.
- exercise both discretion and confidentiality in order to ensure that personal information about the Client is never relayed in a social setting or on social media.
- advocate a balanced and positive approach to learning in an ongoing effort to provide an enjoyable tutoring experience for the student.
Insofar as residential holiday placements are concerned, the Tutor will:
- offer up to 5 hours of teaching a day, which will be covered by the agreed upon day-rate. Extra hours of lesson-time administered by the Tutor will be invoiced to the Client at the tutor’s usual hourly rate.
Insofar as liability is concerned, the Tutor should be aware of the following:
- Accolade Tuition Ltd do not accept any liability for any claims by the Client arising out of or related to the carrying out of the tutoring by you and you agree to indemnify Accolade Tuition Ltd without limit in respect of any such claims.
- Accolade Tuition Ltd will not be liable to any Tutor or any third party for any act, error, or omission – be it wilful, negligent, or otherwise – of any Client.
- Accolade Tuition Ltd is not liable for any loss, expense, delay or damage arising from the negligence, dishonesty, misconduct, property damage (whether accidental or deliberate) of the Client.
- Accolade Tuition Ltd is not responsible for insurance arrangements in regards to the Tutor providing tutoring services and the Tutor should be aware that this is the case.
- Once a tutoring position has been confirmed, you are entering into a contract between you (the Tutor) and the Client (the student, or the student’s parent/guardian). Accolade Tuition Ltd acts as agent on behalf of the Tutor and the Client.
The Agency is responsible for:
- making sure that any relevant legal issues are considered. This will include the following: full DBS checks for both tutors and other relevant employees, visas, and all other working conditions that must be ensured.
- making sure, through the oversight of lesson plans and reports, that the student’s tutorials cohere with the job requirement stipulations the Tutor has been furnished with.
- offering support and advice to the Tutor on a continual basis in order allow the Tutor to achieve the highest level of teaching possible.
- offering advice and educational guidance to the Client on a continuing basis while passing on any relevant and/or necessary information to the Tutor.
- informing tutors of any new pedagogical techniques, resources, or materials that are likely to enhance the student’s tutorial time.
Insofar as residential placements are concerned, the Agency will:
- make sure, through the oversight of lesson plans and reports, that the student’s tutorials cohere with the job requirement stipulations the Tutor has been furnished with.
Cancellations and invoices:
- the Client will receive an invoice on the first day of each month. The Client is requested to pay the invoice by the tenth day of that month, for we pay our tutors on the fourteenth day of each month.
- the Client must give tutors a week’s notice if they wish to cease tuition.
- the Client is required to pay 100% of the tutorial fees for lessons that are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ warning.
- we request that the Client, in order to confirm the booking, pays 50% of the tuition fees upfront (which we will hold in escrow). This is a retainer for the Tutor,and functions to guarantee their commitment. The rest of the fees will be paid within a week of the residential placement’s conclusion.
- all additional costs for that month, as relayed in the tutor’s internal memos, will be included in the following month’s invoice.
- if the placement is cancelled with less than 28 days’ notice before the first lesson/tutorial, the Client will receive a refund of 50% of the retainer (a quarter of the total fee). This is to ensure the Tutor is compensated.
- if, through the Tutor’s actions, a placement is cancelled before it formally begins, the agency will ensure that the Client is refunded all outstanding credit.